Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Design & Development

Old 22-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
slendersunfish

Default Template for 7720 pages ?

I have a website idea that will consist of one home page with a zoomable map and 7720 diffrent locations. I envisage the user clicking on these particular locations where a seperate page pops up with a basic information page with a photo and links.
Although the design is simple is there a way of doing this without the huge costs of almost 8000 pages ?
Can a template be used ?
Hope someone can help with some advice
slendersunfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
creativereactor
www.creativereactor.net

Default Re: Template for 7720 pages ?

if you have all the pages same style then building 1 and programming the rest to use same layout different info then I believe with just 1 and a bit of programming thats it.
creativereactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
slendersunfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativereactor View Post
if you have all the pages same style then building 1 and programming the rest to use same layout different info then I believe with just 1 and a bit of programming thats it.
Great, thanks but what sort of programming would i require and how does this work with a webhost ?
slendersunfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
MrKap

The first thing you are probably going to want to do it figure out the technology you are using for the map... whether it is a third party service, or something you are going to build from scratch...

I would go with a service like openstreetmaps, or googlemaps, or bingmaps, or mapquest...

In either event, you might want to consider looking at a scripting language like ASP or PHP, or JSP... the server side scripts will allow you to dynamically generate different map codes based on the web address someone calls up... you can bind the application to a database if you need to as well. You could probably pull it off with JavaScript and html only, all things considered.

The other option is to just start writing a few thousand html pages, which is completely possible, but potentially very time consuming, especially if you have to make revisions...

Last edited by MrKap; 12-07-2011 at 10:38 AM.
MrKap is offline   Reply With Quote