Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Internet Marketing

Old 04-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Robert20
Business Forums

Default Which is the best method to get MORE traffic??

From Below Which is the best method to get MORE traffic for your site ?

(1)Article Submission
(2)Press Release submission
(3)Forum Discussion
(4)Social bookmarking

Last edited by Robert20; 04-05-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Robert20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
toby
Toby

Default Re: Which is the best method to get MORE traffic??

use them all would be my advice - some are more immediate like press releases but article marketing works and is out there forever
toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
jbarnett

Smile Re: Which is the best method to get MORE traffic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20 View Post
From Below Which is the best method to get MORE traffic for your site ?

(1)Article Submission
(2)Press Release submission
(3)Forum Discussion
(4)Social bookmarking

Article submission - great as long as you're including backlinks, however, you should also be aware of Google's Panda update as they have started to penalise article submission websites. As an alternative you should consider Squidoo, Wordpress or Blogger to post articles to - just make sure they're not too spammy and aren't inundated with backlinks (max two I suggest).

Press Release submission - excellent method of generating industry interest as well as seo backlinks. I suggest using PRFire's paid submission for this as they hit the likes of Bing, Yahoo and Google News. For extra you can also target industry specific publications.

Forum discussion - excellent method, however, be aware that there is a risk if you appear to be spamming other users with links, blatant adverts, etc. You should always read forum rules before submitting.

Social bookmarking - fine as a means to generate quick backlinks but make sure you have interesting, engaging content on your website to link to.

Couple these methods with regular content updates to your website should help to increase organic traffic.

Hope this helps,

James.
jbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
samuelarnold

I prefer forum submission and book marking. from forum link submission, we get quality inlinks.
samuelarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
RobertMarshal

First of all i do focus on two things the quality contents and the forum postings.If you have good material and good users then it will eventually increase the traffic of your cite.
RobertMarshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
PrimeOutsourcing
PrimeOutsourcing Services

Most of staff do all the link buildings manually to Online Directories, Search Engines, Press Release Sites and Article Sites.
PrimeOutsourcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
fzdav57
Frazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
use them all would be my advice - some are more immediate like press releases but article marketing works and is out there forever
I'd agree, maybe introduce social networking on Twitter, Facebook etc.
fzdav57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
gocrazy

none of them. So far I see only forums and blog comments are good for traffic as article submissions are not so welcomed by Google.
gocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
TIMICOM
SEO Consultant

I agree that in order for a business to progress and grow successfully online, your best hope is to use all these methods in order to increase traffic.

The two most commonly used in terms of SEO would probably have to be article submission and press release submission. Articles are an excellent way of using a related story or recent survey statistics to relate and link back to your site and can potentially be around much longer than other methods. I also agree with James here that the important part of articles is to include specific keywords which you can URL backlink to relatable pages on your webpage.

However, as James said, be cautious of Google’s Panda as the latest update appeared to target ecommerce and comparison websites. Just remember to spend time on your articles making them interesting and relatable.

Use PR submissions to specifically target an industry interest and subtly promote your business, while at the same time still sounding interesting and informative and again related to your business sector.

In terms of social marketing, while I agree forum discussion and social bookmarking can specifically target those with the same business interests, I suggest widening your social media by using a variable range including the likes of Facebook and Twitter with regular content updates. This will increase interest in your site as well as the amount of traffic.

When using all of these methods however it is important to remember who you are targeting. You may recognise that your type of captive audience far prefer a more professional type of interaction such as Linkedin. It is also helpful to research your competitors, and see how they’re interacting with potential clients and partners.

Good Luck!

Tim, ICOM
TIMICOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
Kerri

I like all 4 of those methods, but also add in social networking to that list.
Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote