Go Back   Internet Business Forums > General

Old 26-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
Nathan2525

Default Can anyone see the point of the Ipad???

Hi
I love apple products. The mac and Iphone are awesome
but I really dont see the point of the Ipad
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Nathan2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
TWD-Tony

Default Re: Can anyone see the point of the Ipad???

I must admit I am no Apple fan, I just don't like the whole Apple way of doing things (locking down hardware etc) and the biggest gripe I have with them at the moment is that they can make their devices better but choose not to!

The iPhone for example lacks multi-tasking but can support it, the iPad has the ability to multi-task also but this ability will only be available for "select" Apple app's and not a standard feature of the hardware... There is also space in the iPad for a camera (the mounting is already in the case) but Apple chose to leave it out although it will apparently be in "iPad 2.0"

Technology is moving so fast that manufacturers should be making devices today that are the very best that they can be TODAY - not keeping functions and features back for future models...

Now I have that rant over with, the iPad is probably the only current Apple device that I would consider (in the future when they get around to making it fully functional) - I like the idea and the form factor, it's the "natural evolution" of the laptop as the touch screen is becoming more accepted as a user interface...
TWD-Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Brian Turner
Business Guru

Agree with Tony actually - the iPad is one of the few Apple products that seems particularly attractive, especially when it comes to having a reader with normal computing functionality.

Not keen on Apple products, and the fans are rapid idiots. The widescreen iMac originally came with a screen so bright it would burn your eyes out, and no way to dim it except for a third-party application. If Microsoft had done that, there would be outrage - but Apple fans just take it on the chin and keep cheerleading.

Apple products have a reputation for better quality, but Apple likes to do things differently - even though the iMouse has right-click functionality, it is off by default - I can only presume as a statement against normal PC users - even though it damages functionality, and makes it more confusing for people using a Mac.

And Safari has a glorious feature that allows you to accidentally move the browser buttons from the menu system, and once done, can be difficult to find again.

Plus there are lots of niggling problems - such as if you move a folder with the same name to the Apple hardrive, the old one is completely replaced, as opposed to the Windows way of just adding missing files. Which means you have to be very careful with uploading data.

Apple's look flashy and stylish, but in reality they are cantankerous and difficult - often for no apparent reason other than to distinguish themselves from PC's.

iPhone? Phht! There are far superior phones out there, and cheaper, too.
Brian Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Kaye

I think Apple / Mac are overrated. Especially their computers.

The ipad, though, is like a TV that you can watch stuff on in bed.

Also, mine always always seems to be on, as opposed to a computer or netbook, which I tend to turn off.
Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
MrKap

Apple sells lifestyle, and they do it well.

There is no real "point" to it... it's not intimidating, it's easy to use, and it's "different".

Everything a smart consumer wants.

Why would anyone want something they are only going to eventually buy a keyboard and a mouse for anyways? Because it's what's new and what everyone is raving about.

I think the real question is, how does Steve Jobs make people fall in love with their devices. He is the ultimate rolex salesman.
MrKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
jamesb

The idea of the iPad is nice but there are better alternatives such as Blackberry iPlay and HTC Flyer that have Flash capabilities.

Mobile and tablet devices are becoming extremely popular and going by traffic to my websites accounts for almost 10% of all traffic. Even if you don't buy into the idea of these devices they are starting to play a more significant part in our lives, suggesting that smartphones and tablet devices will sell more over desktop and laptop machines by 2012.
jamesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
cdj7710

iPads are fun but the novelty soon wears off. I found using it to be quite uncomfortable, especially if you're trying to watch a film because you have to hold it at the correct angle or prop it up against something...
cdj7710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
Rohitashwa

Like apple other device ipad also a good product. Touch with big screen it is easy to use any application.
Rohitashwa is offline   Reply With Quote