Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Internet Marketing

Old 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
alexpnn

Default Marketing advice required: London Taxi Company

HI ,

We are a taxi company Hummingbird Cars in London. We provide Airport Transfer service from all london airports.

We have recently started our new business and we would like to expand our business. Can anyone suggest which is the best way of Marketing our business so that we can increase our business.

Thank you

Alex
alexpnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
Profitxchange

Default Re: Marketing advice required: London Taxi Company

Presumably you are mainly aiming at the corporate market? I would suggest a bity of test telemarketing - just aim to speak to the receptionists - they will be able to tell you who they use now, perhaps how good or bad they are, and who to talk to, to see if you could be given a trial.
This is a tough market to have entered right now with flight bookings well down.
You could also try a leaflet drop in the stockbroker belts - even DIY as you are not looking for a mass market.

What vehicles do you have?

I tried to help a similar co many years ago, but they were in such difficulty they would not spend any money.

I drafted a design for a leaflet/brochure but to my knowledge they never used.
Profitxchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
alexpnn

Default Marketing Advice Required: London Taxi Company

HI ,

We are a taxi company Hummingbird Cars in London. We provide Airport Transfer service from all london airports.

We have recently started our new business and we want our business to grow and make more revenue. Can anyone suggest which is the best form of marketing which we can use.

Thank you

Alex
alexpnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
IantheIMC

Default Re: Marketing Advice Required: London Taxi Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpnn View Post
HI ,

We have recently started our new business and we want our business to grow and make more revenue. Can anyone suggest which is the best form of marketing which we can use.

Thank you

Alex
PPC is a great way of advertising to customers ready to buy. A strong landing page to your campaign will help convert searchers into customers.
IantheIMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
Profitxchange

Default Re: Marketing Advice Required: London Taxi Company

I thought I had responded but it seems to have gone, so will try again.
I would suggest some modest telemarketing to larger co's that you would expect to have an international activity. Even just chatting to the receptionist about who they use now, how good they are and who to speak to get a trial. You could also walk around some of the big business parks and drop leaflets at reception. You migh get some intellegence from the receptionists?

This is a highly competitive business - I tried to help a similar business a few years back - but they were reluctant to invest any money or effort. They no longer exist - they relied on too few big customers.

I produced a draft leaflet/brochure for them - happy to let you have a copy - you would need to add images etc. But the text may give you some ideas as to how you might differentiate your self. PM me if you want to take further.

I do not think your website sits comfortably with the big corporate makets. But I am far from being an expert.
Profitxchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
JedWylie
Jed Wylie

Hi Alex,

Take a look at the competition and offer something they're not. For example,

1. Free ride (up to a certain value) every 3rd use
2. X% off for longer journeys
3. Get your customer's email addresses and email them before they go out on a Friday night.
4. Get their mobiles and SMS them when the pubs close.
5. Get their Birthday date and wish them a Happy Birthday with a Free taxi ride for them and 1/2 price for their friends.

With airport transfers consider;

1. Creating a joint venture with a local travel company
2. Offering a service suited to skiers (e.g. having a trailer for skis, Xmas Days availability)
3. Help them with their bags into the airport

Good luck,

Jed.
JedWylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #7
biggeats

Alex,

I have built websiotes for taxi / airport transfer companies and it can be very easy to dominate the top of google with your website.

The majority of people nowadays will look online and not use things like yellow pages anymore, so I understand you looking for a different angle.

You can pretty much run a business off a website now with just a little knowledge of keywords, website building, etc.

PM me if you want any help
biggeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
Seeker

Hi all,

I was wondering if you had any good ideas on promoting a London taxi firm...? I know Adwords is one way and that if done right, is profitable, but it's really a matter of finding a good campaign management company, and I am trying to get recommendations here on those tried and tested. Any help would be much appreciated with this and any other worthwhile strategies.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
webcreationuk

For a Taxi Company best way of advertising is offline. Try to begin with fliers, mail campaigns, bus-station ads and also do some price-cuts to be over your competition.
webcreationuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
SEOAdviceUK5

Thumbs up Re: Marketing advice required: London Taxi Company

Hello alexpnn,

If you are now starting, you will find great competition within your product on the Web so, my recommendation would be to SEO your website. If you SEO it, you will get more traffic therefore, higher probability of your website to get exposed, visited and make a sale. You will also get a greater ROI since all the traffic you’ll receive will be from an accurate and targeted audience that would be looking for specific services and search terms such as“Cheap London Taxi Company”. Imagine what could possibly happen if someone would write those search terms and your website would be the number one hit?

Search Engine Optimization is very easy to learn and the only thing you will need to input is a portion of your time and commitment.

Hope I could help.
Bye for now.
SEOAdviceUK5 is offline   Reply With Quote