Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Search Engine Optimisation

Old 31-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #31
roydovaston
Business Forums

Default Re: Article writing

Make the article read from a 3rd party and make the content unique. Google aren't interested in copied content and it's likely to do more harm than good.
roydovaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #32
Sokun
Business Forums

There are a few points that may help you write an interesting article that grasps your readers' eyes.

1. Create a USP (Unique serving proposition)

Your USP tells visitors what your site is exactly about, so when they land on your site, they don't have to scroll up and down to figure out whether the information is related to what they're looking for.

2. Write from your own voice

As you know there are millions of websites out there, your voice makes you unique, who you are. It separates you from the crowd.

3. Write to communicate, not to impress the readers

It's a mighty good idea to use simple language to communicate what you want to say or inform your readers. Jargon or technical terms may make average readers difficult to digest your content. Don't talk over their head and don't talk below them as well.

4. Make your text scan-able

Searchers are busy and usually move very quick. Experience has shown that scan-able text is likely to get more attention.

When they land on your site, they look at your unscan-able text (boring) and then they click the back button and perform another search at the SE.

5. Use more space between lines

Reading on the screen is not as easy as reading on text. So giving readers more space makes them feel relaxed as they read along.
Sokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #33
Sokun
Business Forums

I think in order to write an interesting article, you need to understand what they are looking for - their needs. Please don't think that writing to impress is a good technique to write an interesting article.

Here's the point. I remember very well, once I accidentally shift-deleted a very important file, I was very frustrated and worried.

I went to Google and performed searches such as "how to recover shift-deleted files from my computer." Google gave me millions of related websites. I clicked the top 10 and I found the 10th website that really grasped my attention. All answered to my question, but the 10th was the best because of simplicity, no technical explanation, and precise. In short, the 10th site gave me exactly what I nee.
Sokun is offline   Reply With Quote