Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Design & Development

Old 19-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #11
Mark Hare

Default Re: How to get to 2nd Base in Web Design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolaterolo View Post
Just reading my old post, and I have come on a bit since these posts. I'm proud to say that I've just helped a 2 gardeners get their company first page of google for their search terms and they've had loads of sales calls and jobs from it and comments on how professional it is. I have also done same for a nursery and a nail salon in sheffield. So things are moving onwards and upwards.
Cheers everyone.
Good to hear. I overlooked this last post. I also forgot to mention the built in SEO functionality / friendliness of Theses though.
Mark Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #12
chocolaterolo

Talking Re: How to get to 2nd Base in Web Design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hare View Post
I totally agree with using WordPress. As far as I'm concerned, it's the single best platform available. So user friendly, and free! Some may disagree. Traditional web designers/developers might not be the biggest fans... although you will find many who sing WP's praises all day, and have specialized as such.

Personally, I use the Thesis theme. It turns the basic WordPress platform into a customizable dream. OK, it's a premium theme, so you pay for it... but get the developer's version and you can deploy it on any and every site you ever create. It's up there with the best money I've ever spent... and is well under $200. You couldn't get half the quality for twice the price from a traditional web designer.

Hornet's nest maybe, but that's my 2 cents.
I have to agree about wordpress, since getting myself familiar with it, I love it. I can do static sites in it and add blogs on at a later date. i've just converted 2 of my clients sites to wordpress, as they can update things for themselves if they wanted to. I have also bought Artisteer 2.0 for designing my own customized theme's. Here's one I've done for Glow Salon in Sheffield www.nailsalonsheffield.co.uk. I've also started my own hosting server www.embertechsolutions.co.uk so I can offer my clients a brilliant deal and full control over everything. Its totally awsome! and thanks for the post.
chocolaterolo is offline   Reply With Quote