Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Internet Marketing

Old 02-03-2009, 12:50 AM   #11
seanandthebrush

Default Re: Make money at online ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppaippi View Post
To be honest with you itís not as simple as you think.. People think that if they just put together an site filled with programs and services that cost hundreds of dollars each. They think thatís all they have to do is to sit back and watch the money roll in.
Can I just say....

I spend enough time with my client to know marketing is not that simple. It's does not matter if your online or off. There is only one top spot on the top search engine. Why would you want to spend too much for so little.

In my experience as a marketing expert I have come to find that people are narrow minded. They only want to advertise. They only want to network. They only want to send emails. The list goes on. Most businesses from the one person operation to the large SME's fail for three main reasons.

1. They do to little with so much. I have seen businesses spending all their budgets on Trade shows and networking events. Ask your this, If a town has one or two roads in and one or two out, will it grow like the town that has 10 roads in and 10 roads out?

2. Every business I have come across fails to measure. If you don't know where a lead, prospect or buyer or customer comes from then you need to go and give your business a check up.

3. Your Net-work is Your Net-work. This is true. Few business ask people who do you know? Look at businesses like SKY TV, they give you up to £50 referral fee for finding a new customer.

To succeed online or offline you need to understand it is about connecting with people.
seanandthebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #12
KaitlynSmith
Affiliate Goddess

Hey all!

Can I just explain something I see over and over? I do alot of mentoring, I have alot of fellow marketers come to me and ask for my advice etc. Do you know what upsets me the most? They are usually great people, with a great motivated attitude, they are happy to take on board suggestions, they spend hours and hours trying to build up their business....and you know, they arn't making money!

I find these are the most common reasons and every experienced marketer will have endured this early on in their careers, ok this won't count for all, but I am trying to explain what I keep coming across when speaking with new marketers.

1) They usually have terrible products to try and sell...ones that are over priced, over swampped in the market, products that are not ever going to do well in the current financial economy.

2) They don't have support from uplines/sponsors, and those that do, I usually find the upline is as inexperienced as they are, so you have a cat and mouses situation where it is the blind leading the blind so to speak.

3) They are working with a company where the company plan/commission or matrix set up is purely designed for high profile marketers..the newbies are left out in the cold to fend for themselves so to speak.

Lastly, they do not know and/or are not made aware by sponsors/uplines of how important a marketing plan is.

I live by a few rules, and of course I learned the hard way back in the day too, but here is what I ask myself when deciding on a new project.

1) What is the product? How much do poeple have to pay for this product? Do people actually WANT this product? Can people afford to pay for this product and will it benefit them?

2) What marketing competition am I up against? Am I going to have work double hard to market this product because it is sold allll over the internet which means I am going to have to work much harder to get my link/advertising to stand out from the crowd.

3) What is this company going to do for ME. Plain and simple, this is my business, so how is the company going to reward me for MY time spent on selling their product. Have I researched the company to ensure there are no "hidden" fee's or any other negativities about the way they go about business.

4) If I am interested, I immediately prepare a marketing plan. I devise my time, efforts and marketing strategies and work out my income in comparison to my plan. I will then know each step of the way what I need to do to market that product effectively in order to command the income I want in return as payment for my efforts spent.

That, basically, is how I work. That also is some of the stuff that I try and get new marketers to try and consider before they delve into any marketing project. As many of you have mentioned above, marketing does not happen over night no matter how good you are, you still have to work on it and build it up, the difference is the outcome, the difference is if you spend 6 months building it up and make a huge profit, or 6 months TRYING to build it up and you walk away deflated and in minus figures usually.

Anyway, will leave it at that....I hope it made sense? haha

Take it easy all

Kaitlyn
KaitlynSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Find Accountants

I think this is an excellent & just putlines the basic fact that to be successfuly in any type of business (online or offline), there is no substitute to hard work.

Just out of curiosity would any of the people in this thread who are making money online, mind posting your web address or explaining what type of online business you are in, so that we get an idea of what to do to also make money like yourselves?

Thanks.
Find Accountants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #14
KaitlynSmith
Affiliate Goddess

I am happy to discuss what is involved with my business and how I am making money online with anyone who wishes to speak with me, drop me an email at

kaitlynadmin at googlemail dot com

I won't post on here because this is the place I come to offer advice not advertise my business However as explained I am more than happy for people to contact me directly if they wish to do so,

Have a geat day!

Kaitlyn
KaitlynSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #15
Find Accountants

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thank you for your post. Much appreciated. I'll send you an e-mail sometime for advice.

It's always good to leaarn from others.

Thanks once gain.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #16
Brian Turner
Business Guru

It's an interesting point to raise, Kaitlyn - I've posted here before that one of my exercises is to sit myself down, and then criticise what I'm doing wrong.

It's so easy to get emboiled in everyday work, so being able to distance yourself a moment, look in, and then make comment as if looking at a completely different company can be very constructive.

If anyone here feels they lack the imagination for it, then try to imagine Alan Sugar sat in the room, looking at the details of how it operates. Imagine what objections he might raise, and how you might counter them.

Then write a bloody action plan on addressing these issues and stick to it - and prioritise it!!
Brian Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #17
EliteIntegrity

Interesting poppaippi.

I agree with what you say.

I think the problem lots of people have when they try and start a business online is that they treat it like a conventional business.

The respect I am referring to is that they invest heavily to get started. When you spend money, perhaps a bank loan, on stock web development, marketing. Add to that they might give up another source of income to give there new business full attention then it is no wonder so many Internet start ups end in tears.

If more people where to spend time, like you say, with planning before paying they could be more successful.

The people I know who HAVE made money, some of them a decent living online are the ones who have done most of the work for themselves. For example a friend recently got a quote for £6000 for a simple albeit smart shopping cart, an integrated forum and a back end to manage his customers. Add to this £30 per month?! for hosting?!

What of course he could have done with a little bit more investigation is utilize a cheap professional host for a couple of pounds a month, an open source shopping cart, PHPBB forum (or similar) and perhaps £100 max on a smart template.

He could then develop his business alongside an existing job and all of a sudden you have a business with almost zero risk. You then have the time to sit back and develop your seo and other marketing strategies without putting yourself in a must win now or go bust situation.

This is my first post in this forum. I hope I don't sound TOO green.

All the best,

John.
EliteIntegrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
Brian Turner
Business Guru

Lol! Welcome to the forums, John.

As for success - I think most of it is aptitude - the willingness to solve a problem, and see it through to the solution for gain.

The value of personal time is often overlooked, and too many people think about what they should be earning, rather than earning it.

For example, contacted some local webdevs for freelance work - they want to charge 2x, I'll only pay x. They may reason they are losing out by not earning 2x, but if they aren't even working during this time, they aren't even earning x, hence losing out anyway, and on long-term contracts at that.
Brian Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
robertsgr

The first step in making more money is to stop wasting the money that you currently earn. You need to set up a monthly spending plan, in which you put the credit cards aside. Stop digging yourself a deeper hole.
The second thing to do is write down your financial goals. What is it that you need the extra money for? Be specific. Write the reasons down. Then visualize them. And keep that vision right in front of you at all times. Start working toward that vision.

robertsgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #20
Find Accountants

You don't really need to invest a lot of money to make money online. Your biggest investment is your time. Time to learn how to optimise your web-site, time to learn how to market your web-site & time to learn how to run your business! If you have time, you are sorted!

Tags
make, money, online ideas