Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Support

Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
oneway4

Angry Business prohibited?

Joining the forum recently I read the rules re the signature link etc, yet I find that to post 10 topics to gain title to such a linked signature slightly odd, and a bit of a stretch?

My initial interpretation, was that you needed to post 10 threads which would include replies as well? But I was obviously wrong, yet this is normal in other forums to which I belong?

After all said and done, this forum is here for Internet Business and I would have thought such a high posting rule would deter people from becoming members?

Would it not be far simple to let members provide their link and add another link after they have proved their presence with posting/ reply and thread contribution?

Perhaps it would bring more contributions and also increase the topic contributions?

regards

Andrew
oneway4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
DavidToohey

Default Re: Business prohibited?

Hi Andrew

I think the purpose of it is to reduce spammers.

From what I've seen they only post one or 2 messages and move on... so wouldn't bother making all the postings in order to have an actual link included.

I might be wrong on that though... just what I'd presumed.
DavidToohey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
TWD-Tony

Most forums I am a member of have this anti-spam rule in place - it's nothing new and this post comes up on a regular basis on all of them...

*SIGH*

>Why are you so stressed about your sig link?

>Isn't the whole point of a good forum to discuss topics between members?

>Which part of not having a link in your sig stops you from asking questions or answering them?

If you are interested in becoming part of this community then you will soon rack up enough posts to add a sig link
TWD-Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
Brian Turner
Business Guru

Indeed, it's simply part of our anti-spam strategy, which is actually pretty common among business forums, not least because of the extensive spamming of forums.

What new members get here is access to an amazing amount of information relevant to running an online business - for free. In fact, I run internet marketing campaigns for major corporate business, and not only post helpful information directly, but also via the forums offer direct mentoring on marketing and business strategies - again, all for free.

And that's just myself - I know there are plenty of members at every level of business who have posted great information, advice and tips on the forums. All for free.

If anyone were to therefore think the only value of the IB forums were a signature link, I would think they have failed to see the main value of the forums.
Brian Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
oneway4

Arrow Re: Business prohibited?

Many thanks for your replies, yes I tend to agree after reading the reasons put forward, and I do appreciate that your replies were constructive and helpful.

Regards,

Andrew
oneway4 is offline   Reply With Quote