Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Money & accounts

Old 22-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #1
Brian Turner
Business Guru

Thumbs down ASA Creditsafe UK

ASA Creditsafe.com are involved in sharp marketing practices, pushing their credit report service via cold calling.

The nasty part is that they apparently do not tell the new customers that they have been signed into an auto-renewal clause - that demands cancellation can only occur within 30 days, otherwise it auto-renews at full price. Customers often complain that they are not notified of renewal of the service until well within this period.

If a customer complains, they are told to reference Section 8 of the Terms of Agreement, and either agree to it, or else face legal action.

We've received a whole load of complaints about this company, a number of which were posted on this forum - to which ASA Creditsafe (part of the Safe Group, including Marketsafe) then threatened legal action to have these removed, citing defamation.

Therefore no posts will be allowed to be posted on the forums which second guesses the motives of the company, accusing them of running a scam, or similar unprovable terms.

However, because ASA Creditsafe appear not to have improved their business practices, and because we continue to receive complaints about the company, a previous apology issued on this website has been withdrawn.

In the meantime, if you are looking to purchase services from ASA Creditsafe, Marketsafe, or any other member of the Safe Group of companies, you should be plainly aware of the autorenewal clause that the sales team may not tell you about, and the common use of legal threats to ensure that companies continue to subscribe to their services.

Also be aware that - as on this forum - sales staff from the company can and do pose as potential satisfied customers, and have been known to sign up with multiple aliases in order to promote the company's services.

Brian Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Brian Turner
Business Guru

Default Re: ASA Creditsafe UK

Okay, after the recent behaviour of Marketsafe staff on this forum, this thread is now open again.
Old 25-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
marksson

Thanks for that Brian,
I do have a contract with creditsafe and have had no problems or complaints so far, in fact I've been quite impressed with the product for the cost.
Quote:
  1. Termination
To terminate your Agreement with Creditsafe you must provide Creditsafe with written notice, that you do not wish your agreement to be renewed, at least 30 days before the date on which the agreement is due to end .
  • Such notice must be served by either recorded first class post to the registered address of Creditsafe (*), or by, Electronic Mail to NoAutoRenewal@creditsafeuk.com.
  • Upon receipt of the written notice Creditsafe will provided you with a unique Advanced Termination Reference Number (ATRN) via the secure email address nominated by you to Creditsafe for the administration of your account.
No such notice will be deemed valid, until such time as you have received your unique (ATRN) from Creditsafe. Failing this your agreement will be renewed automatically for a further 12 Months.
  • All ‘Discounted Products’ and ‘Introductory Offers’ will be charged at their normal standard price.
  • ‘Debt Score’ product usage will be capped at a 100 reports per annum.
  • For all ‘Open access’ Reports or ‘Freedom’ packages, usage will be capped at:
        • Limited Company reports - 200 reports per annum Non Limited Company reports – 100 reports per annum Image Accounts – 200 reports per annum
        • Online access to Performance Report – 200 reports per annum
5. Additional Provisions in respect of List Broking:
1. Following an automatic renewal of List Broking under clause 8 the Customer will continue to be able to obtain updates on the same basis as agreed in the original Order Confirmation being either monthly, quarterly or annually. It is the responsibility of the customer at all times to request an update.
VERY interesting, I shall be sending an email forthwith.
As an aside I could not find their terms & conditions on the site without logging in.
marksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Brian Turner
Business Guru

Just had a call from ASA Creditsafe

"Is that Brian?"
"Yes."
"This is James from Creditsafe. I hear you don't like us very much."
"Well, I'm not surprised with your annoying sales calls, sales people misbehaving on my forums, and the numerous complaints about unfair terms and conditions."

At this point James from ASA Creditsafe put the phone down. The number was withheld so I couldn't call him back.

Received a sales call last week, told them I wouldn't sign up because of their terms and conditions. I guess this was the follow-up sales call.

These people from the Safe Group are becoming seriously annoying - if it's not their customers complaining about T&C's, I get their salespeople messing me about on my forums and telephone. A growing annoyance.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Joff

Abuse of the phone system perhaps?
Joff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
DavidToohey

Although we have UK landline number, we only mention a 0700 (I think £1+ per min) on website, promotional stuff etc. No sales calls have been received to it yet, but they are more than welcome to call!

(We do work online mostly from Poland so we only give out the "better" contact info to those we expect to work with.)

David Toohey

DavidToohey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
CPLTD
For All Your IT Needs

Many thanks for the heads up!
CPLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
zigojacko

Currently in the process of getting hounded by this company.

A quick search online has led me to hundreds of complaints.
zigojacko is offline   Reply With Quote