Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Search Engine Optimisation

Old 11-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #31
Gary Meadows

Default Re: Is SEO Dead?

We find by using the latest social media marketing ie: videos, bloggs, facebook etc along with seo your websites have a much quicker ranking. Especially if its just local searches your wanting then by using social media methods as well really gets your sites ranked quickly.
Gary Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #32
laura22
Business Forums

SEO is far from dead I actually think it is one thing that re-invents itself all the time constantly improving and changing.
laura22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #33
MillionaireTrainer
Business Forums

Smile Re: Is SEO Dead?

SEO is most definately not dead.

I know of many people who are personally making a fortune by getting their SEO marketing spot on, so that their websites and articles are displayed on Page 1 of Google and other search engines.

The amount of FREE traffic that you get from this is outstanding and should never be overlooked, if you have the time and patience to learn how to make this happen.

Keyword Research is the best way to start, and there anre many keyword research tools avalable to help you to do this.
Google Adwords Keyword Research Tool, is a good one to start with. Then a paid one you can download is Market Samurai, which digs further into keywords and really helps you to bag a page 1 ranking.

My advice is to take the time to look into SEO and use it if you can, as it will definately give your marketing/business a huge boost.

Feel Free to check out my profile. Would be great to hear from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH-Andy View Post
Yesterday I moderated a panel on SEO and Social Media Marketing at the Thin Air Summit in Denver. Panel went great, the folks on the panel were fantastic. Jeremiah Oywang has a great run down of the panel and the advice given, so I wont rehash it here.
A hour or so after the panel was over, and we were all at a post-conference mixer, I sent out this tweet:

“If you do SEO for a living, you will be out of business or irrelevant in 3 years.” - @micah

Which got a lot more response that I figured, and I was asked to expand on that thought.

Almost as soon as the graphical browser was introduced, people have been trying to make money online. Over the years, online marketing has evolved, with some tactics continuing to have value, and many others falling by the wayside.

Banners - Still work, but the average click through rate on a banner is 0.4%, and there is research to indicate that its possible that 6% of internet users account for 50% of banner clicks. Banners have morphed a bit into rich media advertising, but really are only effective for brand plays (to get marketing touches).

Email - Noise/Signal ratio has destroyed what was once a great communication medium. Does email still work? Sure. Do people spend large parts of their marketing budgets on email? nope. Like banners, email has become relatively ineffective for lead generation or customer acquisition without an extremely targeted (read expensive) list, or a massive (read spam) list.

Which brings us to SEO. To be clear, I am not speaking about

Pay-Per-Click marketing, which will probably be an effective medium for marketing for a long time. Its easy, specific, and makes sense. The market sets the price, so as people are priced out of the market, it should self-correct, and settle on pricing that works.
But the act of SEO - adjusting the code and content of a website with the primary purpose to be ranked highly in search results, is on its way out.

So my question to you is, Is SEO dead or dying?
MillionaireTrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #34
MrKap

Its dead as a sales pitch, that's for sure... anyone pitching it immediately looks like a fraud... and for the most part the poorly trained sales people who have been trained by poorly trained techs, just are not selling it.

Its dead... that's the way I see it, anyways...

Long live the search engine... and let the social media freaks pound sand...

Last edited by MrKap; 14-07-2011 at 09:05 AM.
MrKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #35
MrKap

And I should just clarify before people into seo get all riled up, but information and tricks are a hard thing to keep on the up and up.

Few people are going to pay if they believe they just snap the information up from you.

In any event... here's the rulebook.

http://www.google.com/support/webmas...y?answer=35291

So to summarize... don't accept solicitations for seo.

If they don't provide you with complete and total education regarding what they are going to do... don't buy from them...

No one can guarantee a number one ranking. Like none...

Be sure you understand where the money goes. It's obviously shameful if the money is going to the person who is providing you services.

In any event... it's dead... sorry...

And here is the kick in the teeth, in case you didn't read the article...

"If you feel that you were deceived by an SEO in some way, you may want to report it.

In the United States, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) handles complaints about deceptive or unfair business practices.
"

Anyone notice how the major tech publications all carried this "is seo dead" line of thinking and how it spread to every corner of the web?

So the way I see it... it's dead...

With any luck maybe Wired will stop saying the web is dead for a few months, and people will get excited again.

Last edited by MrKap; 14-07-2011 at 12:39 PM.
MrKap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #36
cmorales

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH-Andy View Post

So my question to you is, Is SEO dead or dying?
My answer is no, as long as Search Engine here, SEO is still alive.
cmorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #37
Sokun
Business Forums

I don't believe SEO is dead. SEO is forever changing. We still need SEO. Why? As long as we still use the Search Engines, there's no day SEO dead. You get what I mean, right?
Sokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #38
BenNorman

As long as there is a need to improve (optimise) websites to help its presence on the web, there will be a need for SEO's.

If this ever does end, I believe SEO's will just move into a space focused on improving on site conversions and gaining qualified visitors by another means. There will always be a market for that.
BenNorman is offline   Reply With Quote