Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Webmasters

Old 09-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #21
Arleigh

Default Re: How is PR related to traffic?

Yes, I agree that having a higher PR doesn't necessarily mean that your site will also have higher traffic.. PR is only an indication of how many backlinks your site has.

I can say that there are lots of sites that have higher PR but less traffic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCat View Post
IMO, PR is determined with quality incoming links your site has. PR is achieved thru link building. It doesn't necessarily follow that when you have lots of link backs to your site, you would also have lots of traffic from them. Traffic is gained naturally by a number or marketing methods - in which link building is just one of them.
Arleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #22
niiker345
Business Forums

man pagerank sucks, I hate how it is indeed overrated and how sites can have large amount of traffic but no pagerank...!!! >:\
niiker345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
targetedtraffic
Targetedtraffic

Page rank has no relation to traffic, Page rank only looks at inbound links, The strength of the pages linking to you helps your pagerank grow, to grow the traffic you will need to make sure the anchor text of the link is matching the search phrase you want to be found for and if possible the page linking to you should also be very relevant.

Having a High Page rank site linking to you will drive relevant traffic but mostly will just improve your PR.

Hope this helps
targetedtraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 05:03 AM   #24
cmorales

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehasood3 View Post
Is there any relation between page rank and traffic or are they almost completely unrelated?

I have visited other websites with high traffic (ex. sedo.com) - have pr3 or 4. Other websites have pr7 or8 with low traffic. Is pagerank related to backlink mainly or what? I used to think that websites with high traffic must have a high pagerank, but I'm not sure anymore.

Any opinions?
I think there is no relationship between PR and traffic. Some high PR sites doesn't have a traffic and some low or no PR sites does have more traffic.
cmorales is offline   Reply With Quote