NetBiz
Business Forums

Default Re: More merchants should use Paypal

I like PayPal as my payment method...
NetBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
w3bmaster

Moneybookers is much better sadly not that popular ...
w3bmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #23
JosselinD

Paypal is widely used but it is expensive. I would recommend to e-seller to get a merchant account from their own bank if they are able. You'll be able to get a better proposal... coming from the quotes I've got for my own business.
JosselinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
Merchant UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosselinD View Post
Paypal is widely used but it is expensive. I would recommend to e-seller to get a merchant account from their own bank if they are able. You'll be able to get a better proposal... coming from the quotes I've got for my own business.
I agree, if your a business and want to be able to take Credit cards then the best way by far and the cheapest is by getting your own merchant account and card processor.

Paypals fine, for selling odds and sods on ebay, but for more expensive items inexcess of 100 upwards, its safer and more secure to use a bona fide merchant account. You also need to remember that Paypal has an abismal customer service, they make it really hard to contact someone about a problem, Plus Paypal can freeze, withraw from your bank account and generally act as judge and jury, with little or no input from you. Something the UK Merchant Accounts Can't do.

If your put off by the high costs of the Bank's own merchant services, then try the package set up by the Federation of small businesses, with Streamline and Worldpay, No setup charges, no upfront fees and your own merchant account and Card processor within 3 weeks - Simple
Merchant UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #25
MrKap

Ease of set up is unbeatable... I've tried others, but nothing has come along that beats two quick deposits for verification.

I am starting to worry about a dependency on it. I didn't like the way they were constantly experimenting with their payment page, collapsing and expanding the credit form as they pleased. It's enough that thier brand shows, why they have to lure people to sign up is worrysome.

They do have other dev options though, but from my experience it is more difficult than the other payment processors to code server side for. Maybe it has gotten better, who knows.

That being said, it seems they have started to regulate paypal in India, making it illegal to use in certain situations, and limiting transaction capabilities. So, it does make me worry that depending on it too much might be a set up for problems later and I am prepared to move to other payment systems if need be.

But for most instances its great and I wish more people accepted it, because my money always seems to be tied up inside it.
MrKap is offline   Reply With Quote