Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Internet Marketing

Old 13-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
jcorite

Default How should I advertise with my predicament?

Hi All,

I am currently wanting to advertise my computer business in a local free newspaper (it gets delivered to houses for free and is 50p if bought in the shop). I am currently looking to advertise in Wandsworth and Fulham of London but have the following questions:

1)

The scenario - I can only afford 3 or 4 weeks worth of advertising, over a two month period, as each week ranges from 25 (small ad) to 50 (medium sized ad). My budget can be no more than 30 a week, ideally.

The customer may respond to the ad straight away (i.e. they have a virus infection) or may wait months before they have computer problems. So if they wait until such time and pick up the paper, and I'm not advertised in that issue I will not get that job of course. So my question is:

Do I advertise for 1 Month straight or cover two months by advertising every second week? Which one do you think would get more customers? Or should I do the first two weeks in month one and then split two weeks in month two?

2)

Do you think people would look at back issues to find my details (i.e. because they liked my prices), or perhaps note down my details straight away, or do you think they would go with the copy of the paper they have in front of them?

3) In line with question 2. Do you think they would think "great prices etc" but then think "I don't need to write his details down or keep this issue because I know (or would expect) him to advertise again"? And saying that, would you call out someone from a previous issue if they were not in the current issue?

4) Would you go with a smaller ad or bigger ad?

Any feedback would be great.

Kind Regards

John
jcorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
creativereactor
www.creativereactor.net

Default Re: How should I advertise with my predicament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorite View Post
Hi All,

I am currently wanting to advertise my computer business in a local free newspaper (it gets delivered to houses for free and is 50p if bought in the shop). I am currently looking to advertise in Wandsworth and Fulham of London but have the following questions:

1)

The scenario - I can only afford 3 or 4 weeks worth of advertising, over a two month period, as each week ranges from 25 (small ad) to 50 (medium sized ad). My budget can be no more than 30 a week, ideally.

The customer may respond to the ad straight away (i.e. they have a virus infection) or may wait months before they have computer problems. So if they wait until such time and pick up the paper, and I'm not advertised in that issue I will not get that job of course. So my question is:

Do I advertise for 1 Month straight or cover two months by advertising every second week? Which one do you think would get more customers? Or should I do the first two weeks in month one and then split two weeks in month two?

2)

Do you think people would look at back issues to find my details (i.e. because they liked my prices), or perhaps note down my details straight away, or do you think they would go with the copy of the paper they have in front of them?

3) In line with question 2. Do you think they would think "great prices etc" but then think "I don't need to write his details down or keep this issue because I know (or would expect) him to advertise again"? And saying that, would you call out someone from a previous issue if they were not in the current issue?

4) Would you go with a smaller ad or bigger ad?

Any feedback would be great.

Kind Regards

John
Regarding the ad I would check first wich page is.. if its pair on not. The best ad is always on your right page, I mean when u have both pages opened the right one. About advertising itself I dont know the magazine but If you can afford it go for it... people who would be interested wont wait till next time.. they will write down the info and call u. Good Luck
creativereactor is offline   Reply With Quote