Go Back   Internet Business Forums > Money & accounts

Old 16-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
AscianWalker

Angry CreditSafe UK renewal -__-

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with CreditsafeUK and wondered if anyone else had been through the same thing and had any advice for me?

About a year ago I purchased an account with Creditsafe, but it didn't really work out so well, so when it came time to renew I had a call asking if I wanted to renew and I explicitly said no.

So they send a email confirming that I have canceled my account with them and will not be renewing, I read the first couple of line stupidly thinking the email was just full of all the normal junk I get from them everyday.

A couple of weeks later(earlier today) i get a phone call confirming my automatic renewal... So it turns out that the rest of the email said that I had to cancel in writing as they do not accept verbal cancellation. They say that I have to pay for the next year because I did not cancel 30days before the renewal, the 30 day time limit passed a few days ago.

Now even though I was stupid enough not to read the email in full, when I look back on it there is no mention of a time limit on the written cancellation. I refused to pay because honestly I cant afford it, I'm out of work like a lot of people and paying would mean not having any money to buy food.

They have threatened with legal action and thought i would ask if anyone else had been through the same thing, or had any advice they could give me?

Thanks a lot guys, haven't included all of the info because it would make the post hugely long so ask if there is anything I haven't made clear.
AscianWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
Brian Turner
Business Guru

Default Re: CreditSafe UK renewal -__-

Unfortunately this is a known problem with ASA Creditsafe - the business appears specifically set up to catch people out at renewal - it's very telling that they have their own legal team specifically to force the renewal clause.

In business terms it's called "sharp practice" but is not illegal.

You may be able to fight them in the small claims court (I think that's where they action it), on the grounds that you implicitly told them you wished to cancel, but rather than they cancel it, they failed to properly communicate the process with you (ie, the person you spoke to on the phone should have implicitly told you that you could not cancel over the phone).

Therefore there is a potential argument for "unfair contract".

ASA Creditsafe is a complete joke - they've threatened this site with legal action for allowing people to make complaints against them in the past; I've had an abusive phone call from them; plus they sometimes have staff sign up here pretending to be happy customers which is clearly not legal.

A company with very questionable business practices, but can get away with it at the moment because they are a big company, and use the law as a business tool to intimidate customers.

ADDED: Please see this thread:
http://forums.internetbusiness.co.uk...itsafe-uk.html
Brian Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
julesgemini

Default Creditsafe Scam - Be Very Careful!

I've had loads of problems with creditsafe. I got a phone call from one of their sales rep. He tricked me into believing I was getting a 3month free trial. The very next day I got a bill for 356.25. I called them and asked them why! They told me I had verbally agreed on the phone to a contract I knew nothing about. I asked them to provide proof. Today I received a court summons from them for 424.16. Creditsafe business solutions seem to me to be nothing more than a pushy sales company trying to deceive. I have been advised to get a copy of the telephone conversation. I would advise to avoid this company at all costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscianWalker View Post
Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with CreditsafeUK and wondered if anyone else had been through the same thing and had any advice for me?

About a year ago I purchased an account with Creditsafe, but it didn't really work out so well, so when it came time to renew I had a call asking if I wanted to renew and I explicitly said no.

So they send a email confirming that I have canceled my account with them and will not be renewing, I read the first couple of line stupidly thinking the email was just full of all the normal junk I get from them everyday.

A couple of weeks later(earlier today) i get a phone call confirming my automatic renewal... So it turns out that the rest of the email said that I had to cancel in writing as they do not accept verbal cancellation. They say that I have to pay for the next year because I did not cancel 30days before the renewal, the 30 day time limit passed a few days ago.

Now even though I was stupid enough not to read the email in full, when I look back on it there is no mention of a time limit on the written cancellation. I refused to pay because honestly I cant afford it, I'm out of work like a lot of people and paying would mean not having any money to buy food.

They have threatened with legal action and thought i would ask if anyone else had been through the same thing, or had any advice they could give me?

Thanks a lot guys, haven't included all of the info because it would make the post hugely long so ask if there is anything I haven't made clear.
julesgemini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creditsafe court help